Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
pratuat
My Device: 8350
Accepted Solution

App Submission to App World

[ Edited ]

I added a product on my Blackberry App World vendor portal. I wanted to submit the *.cod file to RIM and  tried to add release. While importing the *.cod file, the page showed 6 files imported (Note: i have single *.cod file and releasing it for 5 devices) .

Why is it showing 6 files imported ?

Another problem is I am not clear on naming conventions while bundling *.zip file. I went through the referenced link but didn't get it all.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/25819/Create_a_release_664046_11.jsp

Contributor
pratuat
My Device: 8350

Re: App Submission to App World

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: App Submission to App World

You need to submit *.cod file, Digital goods are used if your app contains additional content, that is unlocked after user pays for it.

Skip the .zip-file thing, it is a bit complicated, especially for beginners (meh, I didn't use it so far :smileyhappy: )

Just add a release, define release version and upload your .cod file. If you have different .cod files for different OS versions, upload .cod files one after another and specify minimum OS supported version for each of them.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry