Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
Sriman
My Device: Playbook

App Update approved but is not live on App World

A new release I submitted for my app was approved yesterday night. However, the new release is not live yet... The app description and other information has got updated, though. I am getting a lot of emails from my customers who are wanting to install the udpate... Please help on how to get this resolved...

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: App Update approved but is not live on App World

Is the release approved? It may take time for the app approvals to be pushd through app world. I know this has happend to me before as well. 

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sriman

The release is approved... I think it almost took a day for the new release to show up on App World. The frustrating part is that the description started appearing sooner than that and it triggered lot of emails from customers...

Now I have another problem. I decided to charge $0.99 for the upgrade and also increased the price of the app with this release.. While new customers are able to purchase and download the new version, many of my existing customers complain that nothing happens when they click upgrade on the App World. I have got almost 20 emails on this issue... Have raised it to RIM but they have not responded yet. Really frustrating for my customers and for me also.....

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

is it a OS 5-7 app? Tell them to hit alt + rst so app world reset/refresh and find the app again and it will work.

Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sriman

This is for the PlayBook... What is the equivalent of Alt in the PB?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

just try the refresh list in my world

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SanderT
My Device: Z10LE / DevC / PlayBook

[ Edited ]

Have you tried clearing the Appworld cache (equals alt+rst but is done differently on the playbook):

Open Appworld on your playbook, swipe from lower left to upper right for the keyboard and type: rst

What I also do then is close Appworld and reboot the playbook. Although they don't mention rebooting the playbook, just to be sure, I always do.

Hope it helps!

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

rst is not needed refresh list does the same thing :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sriman

I keep on getting emails from my frustrated customers about being unable to purchase the upgrade. I have finally decided to give the upgrade away for free... Wrote to Developer Support who acknowledged my email and informed me that someone from the Store Front team will contact me. Yet to receive any word from them....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sriman

Working with RIM is proving to be very difficult......

Please use plain text.