If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
stevejt
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

App Updates and Info

Hi,

Unless I've missed how to do  this - when I want to update my APP I can only update the file and whats new, I want

to update  the description, screenies of the new stuff Etc.

On the last update it was a week after the update for the new description and screen shots were approved - this

seems insanely daft and not very productive.

I really think I've missed something here, can with an update also update the description and  screen shots?

Cheers

Steve

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: App Updates and Info

The description and screenshots are not "synchronized" in any way with the contents of the bundles (versions of your app).

Unfortunately, everyone here suffers from that problem. You update your description with info about the new release, but users still see only the old version of app for a day or two.

A workaround some of us use is to update the description several times, like a database transaction. First change it to say what you are about to change ("next version (release imminent) will fix X and add Y"), then you wait for that to be approved and another day or two for it to propagate through the system. Then submit the updated bundle, wait for it to be approved. Wait a day for that to propagate through. Then change the description to match the new version, wait for approval, and for it to propagate.

It's more work for everyone, bad for the users, and overall a negative experience.

They're aware of the problems and have several times said fixes are in the works, but it may be many months still before we ever see signs of this improving. Last time I heard anything was last summer, I believe, or maybe at DevCon.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevejt
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Re: App Updates and Info

Thanks very much Peter

I'd did do a search, but I was hoping it was changed and I missed it - this must be the only

app store where I can't update the description and screen shots for a new update.

Your right, 

New description old app or new app and ols description and screen shots.

Not very well thought out that is :smileyhappy:

Cheers for the reply

Steve

Please use plain text.