If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

App World Updated Design

[ Edited ]

Looks like the descriptions of apps aren't supporting line breaks any longer. Hopefully this is a bug because the descriptions of apps look terrible with 1 continuous wrapped line.

Also theres no way to sort a category by popularity.

Also my apps are missing 90% of their reviews. Some have hundreds missing and some have 80 missing. Looks like it is currently only displaying reviews from 01/01/2013 forward for my particular app, but others are not necessarily the same.

Overall I like it, the search with predictive results. Just hope the above will be addressed.

Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: App World Updated Design

+100%.  The description looks terrible.  Users going to think its our problem and not appworld.

Star ratings are not shown on the main search screen.  It only shows when you view the actual app.

not sure if like the new layout.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jaiaca
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm sure these are bugs they plan on fixing...

Also, for the reviews - i believe it's all of them that don't show the app is only for BB10. I have a game which does have reviews this month and currently none of them are displayed. All of the reviews are still there in vendor portal but they are set to "denied". I think this is just temporary.

As for sorting by popularity, i'm not sure if it'll come back. If you check out the link below you'll see what some of the changes are and no where do they mention popularity - I'm guessing popularity is just totally number of downloads which may not be the best indicator of how good an app is.

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/11/blackberry-app-world-success/
Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

This is a great sign of the new quality that the new CEO has promised to bring to the platform. Nothing get released anymore before it's ready, eh?
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I always wonder why the new store cannot run along side the existing store (beta form) to gather input from the developer community before the final release.
Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

Thank you, that is exactly what I have been muttering as I've been pacing up and down the quarterdeck like Ahab.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oleg_derevenetz
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Beeline

Regarding sorting options in new design - they looks really strange to me. What's the point, for example, in "Sort by Name" or "Sort by Vendor"? These options looks a bit pointless. It's better to have only "Sort by Popularity", "Sort by Date" and optionally "Sort by Rating"... What's interesting, there is still "Top Paid" and "Top Free" listings on the main AppWorld page, but they are global and limited to 25 entries. There should be category-wide listings of such kind as well.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jaiaca
My Carrier: Rogers

Definitely agree there should be "Top Paid" and "Top Free" for all categories....Though I don't care for "Sort by Date" since there's already "New Arrival". Hopefully, things will get worked out but they really should have had some sort of beta version for developers to mess around with and give some feedback

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Contributor
oleg_derevenetz

Well, "New Arrivals" and "Sort by Date" are in fact the same, but "New Arrivals" are limited to 25 results as well. It's better to have these lists as sorting options for "All Apps" and categories instead of separate limited global lists.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oleg_derevenetz

BTW, "All Touch" and "DevAlpha" devices are not available for selection anymore, and that's a bit sad. Hope that new BB10 device will become available for selection at least after BB10 presentation at the end of the month :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.