Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

Re: App World Updated Design

my hope is that only the reviews you got for that particualr device shows up.

eg. if i have the 9900 i only want to see reviews from ppl who gave them from a 9900.

Having a **bleep** load of reviews good or bad from 8900 does not help me pick that app.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

It's incomprehensible that after doing a search, you cannot select to see either Free or Paid apps -- just whatever they want to show you.

You'd never know this is the Nth generation of App World with 4 years of experience behind them.

Oh, sorry, it's the 1st generation of BlackBerry World.  That explains it.  Developed by a new team of low-wage interns with no prior experience developing app stores.  A first-cut solution.

But it will be alright after a future update.  Like the PlayBook, and the Storm.

Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780

Regardless of how you sort the categories (name, vendor) it always displays "New Releases".

Definitely these 2 are completely useless. The ratings need to be displayed in the app list, popularity needs to be brought back as its actually a good way to find popular apps.

One step forward, and 2 steps back with this update.

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

I opened BBWorld on my DevAlphaB and can't see anymore New Arrivals, only Top Free, Paid, Grossing. Where is it hidden?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
jaiaca
My Device: Z10

Same here. It's not "hidden" anywhere...it's gone

Lets all just close our eyes and open them again on Jan 30th. I'm sure everything will be fixed by them :robotsad:

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

I agree things are changing now and things may have been forgoten either by mistake or purpose. I'm sure there will be a bunch of new stuff with bugs fix
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

This isn't just another app, it's a sales channel that thousands of people depend on.  Every time they foul it up they foul up thousands of people.  And it's not the first time.  There should have been an open beta test before it went live.

Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

Maybe devs are removing the alpah dev device from their apps?

Developer
paulkayuk
My Device: Curve 8520

Beta at best, certainly not ready for prime time.

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Btw in Vendor Portal reviews there are three sections now: BBOS, BB10, PlayBook. So now you can get the review per OS release

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry