Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

App World Vendor Market

If it's OK with the mods, I'm starting this thread for App World vendors who might like to transfer their products to another App World vendor.

Surely it will be better for the BlackBerry Java platform in its remaining years if existing apps are consolidated into the hands of people who are still developing for that platform... rather than the store being increasingly filled with Java apps left to die by developers who feel they need to shift their focus, i.e. to preparing for the BlackBerry 10 launch and cross-platform development.

Think it would be better to have this in a developers-only area, not someplace the consumers read ... not Social Lounge please, no-one would post there about this.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

Re: App World Vendor Market

[ Edited ]

Here's one.  Last year when menu clocks were selling well, I came up with a way to put graphical clocks, widgets, and thematic material around main menus, system-wide.  It was a technical success, but it turned out there wasn't much more demand for a graphical menu clock than for the text-only digital ones.

Maybe someone else has a better idea for what to do with menu graphics that would be in higher demand.

product at App World: Beryllium Menu Graphics

source code transfer offer: Source Code

and another:  Halon Firefighter's Calculator

PlayBook version in storeJava version in storeTransfer offer

Developer

[ Edited ]
well, that didn't go so well... Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Really? Do you really think someone is going to bid considering RIM's position? Maybe if you put your apps in open source.

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

smiley wrote:

Really? Do you really think someone is going to bid considering RIM's position? Maybe if you put your apps in open source.

why throw away property to make other people free money?