Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
meanman
My Device: Torch 9800

App World - customers upgrading are loosing their purchases

Hello

Since the recent upgrade to my app, several customers who had purchased the app, have tried to upgrade, have been met with an installation error and then App World has completely lost their purchase, and have been presented with an option to purchase the app again!

Here are a few sample customer emails:

how do i get the update? I cannot find it on app world.

This update will not download on my phone. I have attempted the download several times.

Recently there was an upgrade to version 2.3.  While upgrading, the installation failed.  Now, it is asking me to repurchase the software again and is no longer listed under my previously installed programs.  How do I go about getting this program without paying for it again?

I tried to upgrade to the 2.3 version. At mid-installation I got a failed installation and was asked to reboot. Upon rebooting, the application disappeared from my blackberry. No traces, not in the uninstalled list. Went back to app store. No upgrade choice given, only to purchase it again. I tried to purchase it but I get the message “There is a problem connecting to the payment system. Your transaction has not been processed. Please try again later. (Error id: 30227)”. Even after rebooting I get this error.
Please help with this. I should not have to purchase the program again. I have a Blackberry Torch. Thanks.

Hi several months ago I have purchased the program for my Blackberry. Yesterday I tried to upgrade to the new version but there was an error on the installation through Blackberry App World and I had to reboot the phone. Since then the program is missing and I cannot upgrade to the new version, I can only buy the new version. 
Please let me know what to do. 

I can't download the Upgrade to my Blackberry Curve Phone! It states that BlackBerry APP World doesn't have it available! So how can I download it to my phone? 

I got an upgrade notification on my device and I tried upgrading it through Blackberry app world but it keeps telling me there is a problem. It shows that its a free upgrade, since I already paid for the app.

This is really doing my head in, honestly why does App World give so much grief, takes a 30% cut, and yet we have to support issues with App World? Customers missing downloads, seriously? Unbelievable.

For now I am redirecting my customers to a custom download page.

Can anybody please send me the vendor support email or give me an idea what this is all about? Have other developers experienced this? Is there a way for customers to get their downloads back?

Thanks in advance

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: App World - customers upgrading are loosing their purchases

Use the Insider event to ask

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/App-World-Insider-Event-with/bd-p/App_World

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Regular Contributor
meanman
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: App World - customers upgrading are loosing their purchases

Thanks for the heads up!