Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
precisionpete
My Device: Not Specified

App World not installing Dynamic License Key 2-3% of the time...

I've had this problem for months but have never been able to solve it. The dialog goes like this...

Customer:

"Even though I bought it, my app says it's expired and missing the license key"

Me:

"Probably the easiest way to solve this is to delete the icon completely and then reboot the phone by pulling the battery. Then go back into App World and then My World at the bottom right. This will list your purchases and you can reinstall from there. It should then install the key automatically."

This always solves it.

It seems to happen when someone is upgrading from my Free Trial version to the full version. The COD file is identical. The only difference is the presense of the license key.

I assume this is a file locking problem. Either in the COD file or the JAD file. But it causes an ongoing stream of support emails.

In case it matters, I store the key in Persistent Storage.

How do you get around this? 

Thanks

Peter

Please use plain text.
Developer
precisionpete
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App World not installing Dynamic License Key 2-3% of the time...

Nobody ever experienced this???

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: App World not installing Dynamic License Key 2-3% of the time...

If the CODs are identical (and versions are the same), succesfull installation usually requires a battery pull. End users can easily miss the "Reboot Now/Later" dialog, just include this in your app description.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.