Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve
My Carrier: PLAY

App World...this is horror!

[ Edited ]

What is going on on this site!!! This is normal ***** flustrate site for ever i see.

I add 4 applications to app world and all have been rejected!

I show youpeople somethings...this is ......**bleep**?

Look: Thats working App World...no comments!!!!

I have add to App world application named Facebook launchers.

This application works identically like other.When click icon, facebook is launched, when Facebook is not installed application ask dialog "You dont have not installed Facebook, do you want to install facebook?" And rederect to app world to download facebook.

Now i get email from app world like this:

Firs application Google launcher from menu. Application work when you click ojn menu Run Google maps, running google maps application. When you dont have installed application, you show dialog ASK YES NO and open blackberry browser application with this address: http://m.google.com/maps

I got this answer:

"Dear App World Vendor,

Unfortunately Release '1.0' from your product 'Menu for Google Maps' has not passed testing and therefore cannot be approved for sale through BlackBerry App World."

Dear App World Vendor,

Unfortunately Release '1.1' from your product 'Menu for Google Maps' has not passed testing and therefore cannot be approved for sale through BlackBerry App World.

Please fix the latest issue and resubmit again as new release.

Regards,

The BlackBerry App World™ Team

Dear App World Vendor,

While processing your application, Release '1.2' from your product 'Menu for Google Maps' (ticket 655319), for inclusion into BlackBerry App World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue.

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release.

While testing your app on the BlackBerry devices, the app allows the user to download Google Maps directly on the BlackBerry default browser. Based on our policy we don’t allow apps that install other apps and the app that’s getting installed also fails to launch.

But this is nothing!!!! Look this:

I waiting 3 week for accept my application QWERTY MASTER for 8900!!! This application works identically like 9000,9900 and 9930. I got this answer:

Dear App World Vendor,

While processing your application, Release '1.0' from your product 'QWERTY MASTER (8900)' (Ticket: 645622), for inclusion into BlackBerry App World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue.

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release.

After installing your app on the BlackBerry 8900, when I tap your application icon, it fails to launch and does not respond.

Why dont respond??? Because i protect my application from BlackBerry simulator!!! I dont agrre to launch my application on simulator because user may be change results!!!! Yes, you know what to do on simulator(hack etc)

In API is function to block simulator....i have BIG QUESTIONS....i searching user with real device BlackBerry 8900 to test my application. Please reply in this topic, i send on PM link to application and you answer me if application works or not.

Look on another information from APP WORLD!!!! About Opera launcher:

Dear App World Vendor,

While processing your application, Release '1.0' from your product 'Opera Mobile Menu' (ticket 652920), for inclusion into BlackBerry App World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue.

While process installation on BlackBerry devices, the application doesn’t appears on BlackBerry home screen.

Of course!!!! This applicaation is system module and do not show in HomeScreen!!!

Who hires these testers??

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!! THIS IS APP WORLD PEOPLE  WORLD OF HORROR AND  NO competence

This is my application:

And if i click on menu and opera dont installed i got this message:

And this open BlackBerry Browser link http://m.opera.com/maps

This site is official site OPERA !!!!

And install screen:

I can not use API Browser to instll from official site application???

For what is API??? Bull**bleep**....

I fired the entire team App World! No Competence and horrible works.

Not to mention the App World. I had the worst app for BlackBerry! After 3 minutes, so that the release does not want to use the BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
hedonehawker
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: App World...this is horror!

hey Kris!

im sorry for souding a bit rude, but maybe your first step hould be replying to emails and asking for explanation. We had similar problems with some of our products but after further conversation with tester we were able to resolve issues.

Also adding 10 products instead of one... you are spending more time on adding products than building them... add one product and add builds for more devices.

Branko Nikolic (aka Hedone Hawker)

www.bbdevbalkan.com
www.i-mentalist.com
www.hedonedesign.com
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

How have these testers is what is surprising?

First tester said he did not see icon on the main screen!

So I'm asking...Although he read a description of the application? It is certified tester? buahahaha

My application is not visible on HomeScreen!!! I attachen more screen to my application and add description!

This is first problem.

The second problem is that you can not run the BlackBerry Browser and go to the download page for the application.

This app is Opera Mobile! The official website of the Opera!

So as a tester tests the application and see that it is taken from official sources what's the problem?

It's not the bank redirects to the page!

Rules in App World are POSR :smileyhappy:

Next problem is with application Qwerty master...

He writes that the tester does not work when you press the icon.

So I ask you, I need people from 8900 to test my application. We'll see if it will not work.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
hedonehawker
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

I personally like for them not to read app description... Most users also doesn't read description and/or instructions. Apps should be build in a way users doesn't have to read description... Add help section in to application, show users how to use it. It does take a lot of time to add this to your apps but it's worth your time if users are satisfied!

Branko Nikolic (aka Hedone Hawker)

www.bbdevbalkan.com
www.i-mentalist.com
www.hedonedesign.com
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

I see that you do not understand the problem.

I have modified code and now if user cllick on the menu and Google Maps is not installed show Dialog Inform message like this:

I upload new version to App World and write to this forum results...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

Opera menu today has accepted...but still wait for google maps.

Please use plain text.