Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Concession
My Device: Not Specified

App appears under recemtly updated tab after submission

Today I submitted an update for a Playbook app to RIMs approval process, and notticed something strange: my app already appears under the Recemtly Updated tab in App World.

I think it is strange because I always assumed that tab was reserved for apps with an update recemtly pushed to app world ie: customer can download the update, rather than an update will be available in a week whenever it clears the approval process.

I think the difference is important because the Recently Updated tab showcases older apps with a new update, and I'd personally perfer if the newer version of my app was beimg featured, instead of my older version which may provide less favourable reception. This is further compounded by the fact my app will likely no longer be shown in the tab by the time my update is available to customers.

For example, I already have a new review of my app from a user. It's very likely this person found my app via the Recently Updated tab. They liked the older version of my app and gave it a 4.5/5. Had the new version of my app (which I think is much better)  been showcased, that could have been a 5/5.

So my complaint is: I'd like it if apps appeared under Recemtly Updated when they've been recently updated, not soon to be updated.

Please use plain text.