Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
andrel33
My Device: BB10 Alpha device, Storm
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

App deny reason: "App appears either too small or too large on the device"

Unfortunately the app review time seems to be very long and the answers standard short.

I send my app in January and received a deny a month later in the end of February. The corresponding email a few days later was just saying "The application doesn't appear properly on the device, it appears either too small or too large on the device."

Does anyone else receive a simular answer and give some further help?

(By the way, I tested the app of course before on my Alpha device and on the Z10 and Q10 simulator and it always works without any problems at all.)

Please use plain text.
Developer
poornamelessme
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Re: App deny reason: "App appears either too small or too large on the device"

I had some issues with text being smallish on some of my apps. Although to me they were still acceptable, but I guess it's subjective as to how large text needs to be.

I never got a response like yours before. It's like  yours is too small, yet sometimes too big, at the same time? Which one is it, and when? That's a very vague sort of denial message,

Maybe it's too small for Z10 and too large for Q10? That could make sense due to differing resolutions. Did you release for both platforms?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

I've definitely had the rejection based on content appearing to small, but never saying both big and small at the same time.

In my case it was a legitimate request as it was an HTML5 port and wasn't taking advantage of the large size of the screen on the Z10. I increased the font size and the app was accepted on second submission.
andrel33

Thanks for your replies :-)

I released the app suitable for Q10, Z10 and alpha device. Before I tested them and they have adopted for their individual display sizes.

... and I am also a bit confused that it should be too large or too small. Really a pity that not some more lines of explanations had been added which would have helped surely a lot and could have saved time and some kind of  dissappointment.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
samyotte
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Andrel33,

send me some details on the app in question and I can look into it. I tried to use identifying information from your support forums account but could not find an associated vendor account.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andrel33

Dear samyotte,

thanks for your kind support offer :-)

The very good news is that the app has been approved now :-)

Regarding the mentioned former deny reason I have no idea - maybe it happened due to the current big amount of apps which have to be reviewed. Anyway, I am really happy about the approval!

Best regards

Please use plain text.