Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
nonesuchnick
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: App generator problem - submitted apps reverted to unsubmitted!

So I found contact information for the Blackberry App Generator team at Mippin, blackberryappgenerator@mippin.com.  I emailed them last night and I had a reply this morning, within 13 hours.  They confirmed there was an issue on their end during the port-a-thon where they see that I did try to submit my apps, but they were not submitted to App World.  

They asked me to resubmit right away, which I did.  My apps first went 'Submitted' and then very quickly to 'In Review'.  Mippin is taking responsibility for the issue, and they have promised to communicate the issue to RIM and explain that it was their fault not mine, and that my apps were submitted on time.  Hopefully this means I can still qualify for the port-a-thon rewards.  

I really appreciate the honesty and quick response from the App Generator team at Mippin, and that they immediately took responsibility for the issue, and are furthermore trying to make it right.  For anyone else who had or has a similar issue with the App Generator, I recommend emailing the App Generator team at blackberryappgenerator@mippin.com.  Blackerry World vendor support and RIM Developer Relations either don't have the ability to address the issue, or are too overloaded right now.

I will update this thread once my apps are in Blackberry World and I have more details about my eligibility for the port-a-thon rewards.

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks for this message, Nick. I contacted Mippin as you suggested. I submitted four apps during the Port-A-Thon.

One was actually generated months before, but got "stuck." That one was finally ready to submit during the Port-A-Thon and is now published, though BBAG says it's In review.

Two say they are published in BBAG, but they aren't.

The one I had to resubmit the day after the Port-A-Thon says it's In review, so it might be the only one of the four that has a proper status.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nonesuchnick

Just an update that my apps submitted during the Port-a-thon have now been Approved in the Vendor Portal and are Available on BB World.  They've been there about a week now, but I still haven't heard any news about my eligibility for the Port-a-thon rewards.  Here's hoping that they are still working through this and I will hear soon.  Has anyone else been notified yet?  I also emailed jamzonesupport@rim.com to request an update, but nothing back yet.

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

some developer got email that there was some Problem and that is why BB took so much of time to resolve it. hope they start to send rewards as soon as possible. i did even got any rewards for December Events ? :smileysad:

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

I think they are planning to wait and do all of the Last Chance Port-A-Thon at once. I've had one of those published for 3 weeks but haven't heard anything about rewards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomitzel
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

I am also waiting for Community and Last Chance Port-a-thons, any news in the rewards for those?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick

I haven't heard anything about rewards yet. I think they want to do them all at once. I still need one BlackBerry App Generator app outstanding, possibly because it's rated T.
Please use plain text.
Developer
nonesuchnick

I ended up contacting blackberrydeveloperprogram@blackberry.com as mentioned in the Rewards Update DevBlog post. I was really impressed with the fast response, and they were able to verify that my apps did qualify.  After making sure they were all posted for sale in BBWorld, they confirmed that they had sent the payment notice to Milestone.  A few weeks later I got the email from Milestone and confirmed my payment details. 

Today I finally recieved the payment for my apps from the Last Chance port-a-thon!!  Thanks BlackBerry for following through on your promises and making sure that I got the rewards I deserved!!

Nick

Please use plain text.
Developer
positive6900
My Device: bb10 dev alpha
My Carrier: airtel

I have received my all payments from BlackBerry
Please use plain text.