Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
nonesuchnick
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

App generator problem - submitted apps reverted to unsubmitted!

So I am very frustrated with the App Generator.  It is a great concept, and it works well for what it is, but I have two major concerns based on my experience submitted apps for the portathon today:

1) There should be an option to download a .bar of the app for testing in simulator or an a DevAlpha.  In fact I thought I saw an option for this when initially creating my first app, but I can't find it now and I have no way of testing my apps.

2) Most importantly, the app submission process is too 'mysterious' and possibly buggy.  I submitted 3 apps for the portathon today using the app generator (I could have had 4 except for frustrations with the process of submitting my native app on the vendor portal, but that is another rant).  Upon submission, I recieved no confirmation email, and the apps don't appear in my Vendor Portal account.  This should have been my first clue something was wrong, but I read other posts here which said that this was expected and they would show up in the Vendor Portal after being approved.

Then, after the portathon ended I logged back into the app generator to check on my apps, AND NOW THEY ALL SAY 'READY' AND HAVE A BIT SUBMIT BUTTON AGAIN!!  Imagine my disappointment and dismay and ... frustration (especially after my issues trying to submit on the Vendor portal).  So now I don't know what to do.  Earlier my apps did say "Submitted" with a nice little lock icon.  Now it looks like they aren't submitted.  Should I try submitting them again?  I am concerned that will wipe out any record of previous submission, so I want to hold off. There were generous monetary rewards offered for the portathon which I should be eligible for, but may not be now if my submissions didn't get recorded, and I have no email with a timestamp as proof.  So I guess I should just sit here and cross my fingers and hope it's just and glitch and everything gets sorted out?

I can't imagine I am the only one with this problem, considering the number of apps submitted during the portathon, and that the app generator is the easiest way to make and submit app.  Even more frustrating is that there is no way to contact anyone for support with the app generator.  There is no email address, no help or support button on the site at all.  I know it is build by Mippin, but do they manage it or RIM?  Who should I contact to try and resolve this problem?

So I would appreciate knowing if anyone else has seen this issue with the App Generator, and if someone from RIM has any recomendations on how I should proceed to sort this out and hopefully get credit for my submissions and qualify for portathon rewards.

Thanks,

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomitzel
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: App generator problem - submitted apps reverted to unsubmitted!

Hi,

Did you try this email address:

All vendor account related questions, including application requests and issues, email appworldvendorsupport@blackberry.com

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

I had this problem too. I submitted 4 app generator projects during the Port-a-thon and I went back to check when I saw your message. Sure enough, one of the four, which I *know* was showing a submitted status last night, had a submit button again, so I went ahead and submitted it again.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nonesuchnick

@neilwick,

Thanks for your reply.  It's good to know I'm not the only one who had this problem.  I'm not going to re-submit them just yet though, until I know what went wrong and until someone @ RIM can confirm that they will honor the portathon rewards for me.

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Please use plain text.
Developer
nonesuchnick

@tomitzel,

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't aware of that address.  I did open a ticket in the Vendor portal, but I will also send them an email here.

Nick

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

[ Edited ]

Same issues for me. I created 2 app with app generator during the first 30 minutes of the porthaton, and apps were building almost 2 days. Checked them at Saturday, but building was not finished yet. Yesterday, after the end I checked app generator control panel and bam - apps not submitted to BlackBerry World, no email confirmation, nothing :smileysad: Very annoying, seems that these two apps won't quailify at all.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nonesuchnick

@borceg,

Ageed, this is very annoying and disappointing.  I was on the portathon chat, and I did hear them mention that some people had reported the problem you had with the App Generator stuck building forever.  I think they actually advised to cancel those builds and try again and then submit.  Even so, this is another situation where having more explanation built into the steps of the App Generator, or even a basic FAQ of common problems would have helped.

My situation was actually a bit different in that the apps built normally (in a few minutes or so), and the I clicked submit, put in my AppWorld vendor email address and clicked confirm and Boom, they said "Submitted" and had the lock icon.  Now they have reverted to the "Ready" status, lock icon is gone and I have a big "Submit" button for each of them again.  I just don't understand how that could have happened.  Normally it would be annoying and I would just grumble and re-submit.  But in this case not having those submissions recorded means losing out on the $$$ rewards, and that's not acceptable.  I really hope someone at RIM can look into the issues with App Generator over the portathon and make this right for people like us who were affected.

Nick

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nzcoderguy
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: 2 Degrees NZ

I have been having that very same issue. I found several reverted back to "Ready", click to "Submit".. but I already had.

Now have half of them appear in Vendor Portal, in review.. and a few in App Generator saying "Published" - but they are still in review in Vendor Portal/App World (not actually published).. its very broken!

+Like this post, if you find it useful/helpful!
Please use plain text.
Developer
nonesuchnick

I agree, it is very broken and there is no clear explanation anywhere of how the process is supposed to work, so I'm not sure if this is expected or not.  All I know is that all of my apps are now showing "Ready" in the App Generator, and none of them have appeared in the Vendor Portal yet.  I would really appreciate someone for RIM looking into this...

NIck

Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109 this is where u can Enquirer/complaint about any thing related to BB world . Apps need to be Reviewed and Approved as there is restriction that it should not contain adult/gambling/drug and alcohol in it as BB is Best thing on the Earth for Good App developers Each and Every app are Processed and tested .. it may take bit Extra time but finally it will
Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.