Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
jischoler
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: none

App purchase on both BB10 and Playbook

I currently have an application that is available for purchase on both the Playbook and BB10 (both apps have the same sku and are the "same" app in the vendor portal). Both files uploaded are the same price and we're submitted as being a free upgrade.

My problem is that I just got an email from a customer stating that he purchased the Playbook app, but when he tries to install the app for BB10 he cannot without purchasing it again.

One note: the Playbook version number is higher than the BB10 version number (not sure if this would matter).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jesse

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: App purchase on both BB10 and Playbook

It's been a fairly common bug on the PlayBook (but maybe not limited to the PlayBook) that this can happen. I keep instructing users to just click Purchase if it says that instead of Download, and generally at that point it will notice they have already purchased it and start the download.

As long as they don't actually click "Buy Now" on the final dialog that shows the price totals, they will not be charged. If they go beyond that... their loss I guess, unless they can get a refund from BB World or you. I've never needed to deal with that yet.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
jischoler

Thanks for the reply. I have noticed that happening occasionally too with upgrades so I suspected that to also be the case, but the customer told me that he pushed the purchase button and got all the way to the "Buy Now" screen and App World still did not register his free upgrade.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jischoler

Anyone else run into this problem? I still haven't been able to find a solution to this.

Please use plain text.