Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
bitpusher2600
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

App rejected; branding issue.

Hello folks.
I would like to ask for some advice on something. This is nothing relevant to anyone, just a "for fun" project I decided to take on. I basically wanted to turn my Wordpress Web blog into a native BB10 app. The problem is my blog is named Q & His BlackBerry (my first name is in fact Queue), and the Web address is www.QandhisBlackBerry.com

I received an email from App World saying the app was rejected based on the use of the name BlackBerry as it creates a "branding issue." They suggested I rename the app portal name and the banner image I created inside the app. I'm not sure how I'm going to work that but my real question is simple; am I even allowed to mention the full Web address (www.QandhisBlackBerry.com) in the app description?

I apologize that a reader app for someone's personal blog isn't exactly relevant to anyone, but as I said it's something I wanted to and my blog has a couple years under it's belt with it's very name showing where my allegiance lies. Just seeking a little advice. Thank you, whomever, for your time.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: App rejected; branding issue.

I think only BlackBerry can really answer this, I see no reason not to allow the use of an URL with BlackBerry in as lots of apps do that, however in the end it comes down to context.

Make the changes they've recommended and re-submit and then go from there.

If you are lucky you may get a comment from one of the BlackBerry employees who frequent this forum.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Have you considered using the new BBM channels for your blog?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bitpusher2600
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

No I hadn't thought much into that, I rather like having my own little dot com. Truth be told for as many years as I've had BlackBerrys in my life I've never even used BBM because I've not known anybody personally who used it. I've only known one other person in fact, a girl whom I don't even work with anymore, who had an old purple Curve a couple years ago, but she didn't use BBM.

Thank you, by the by, for your response.
Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

perhaps you would have better luck if you applied appropriate copyright logos to the BlackBerry name

BlackBerry®

http://ca.blackberry.com/legal/trademarks/blackberry-branding-guidelines.html#/h:/legal/trademarks/t...

there's still a great chance they won't allow the word blackberry in the title of an application as users would assume its made by them (yes users assume crazy things (like Built for Blackberry to some users means BlackBerry built it and not the developer))

Please use plain text.