Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C

App size question BB10

I have gotten a number of apps denied for the second portathon promotion, all saying the app is too small for the screen. I originally tested them in ripple, centered them, and they looked correct to me. But that was in ripple, so assumed something was going wrong once they got to a real device.

So I get the simulator working just now, and start a couple of them ... they are centered (at least the ones I just checked), legible, yet there is white space to the sides of them. But... that's how I wanted them to look, and how they pretty much looked in ripple.  I still have to go through them all, so it's possible some are scaling too small, but most so far look legible, centered and pretty much how I expected them to look. Is there any discrepancy between how an app scales in the simulator vs a real device?

Is there an all-touch requirement that most of the screen needs to be taken up text/images? Just wondering if there is a requirement I am not aware of, and how much I should resize my fonts too.

If held in portrait, my apps look okay to me. They are smaller than the full screen, but again, wasn't aware they needed to take up every bit of space so long as they were legible. Here is a ticket for one of my denied apps due to screen size: ticket: 715406  It's a simple app, nothing fancy (still new to BB development), but it seems to work okay to me.

No problem if I have to resize all of my apps, just curious if there is a min. size they need to be to get accepted. Also curious what occurs when a developer specifically wants an app or image a particular size when it doesn't take up the entire screen ... are they automatically denied?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: App size question BB10

There is something I read in the guidelines that the app has to fit the entire sceen. It is probably there to provide a consistent UX across all apps.
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C

Re: App size question BB10

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that.

I'll have to dig up those guidelines and look them over in detail.