Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
Liste
My Device: PlayBook, Dev Alpha C, Red Z10, Black Z10
Accepted Solution

App status (?denied)

Hello all!

On November 24th I submitted an update to the Vendor Portal for an existing Blackbery Playbook application.  Then, four days later, I submitted a brand new Blackberry 10 app.  The Playbook app update still has a status of "new", but the BB 10 app has already been reviewed.  Is that normal?  I'm a little concerned that I have mis-understood the update process.

Unfortunately I submitted my app just before the BB 10.0.9.1103 and Webworks 1.0.3 came out (at least just before I got hold of them), so my app turned out incompatible with with the most recent update.  Thus my app was denied and the status is "QNX - Waiting on Vendor".  I submitted an update the same way as I did with the Playbook app, which created another ticket with the "New" status.

If ticket IDs are of any use, or if I can provide any more information, please let me know.  I am really worried that my BB10 update won't get reviewed because the initial release has the "Waiting on vendor" status.

Madhusudhan_s
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha

What happened after that?

Was your app accepted later on? Or did you had resubmit? Why does it happen like that?

Contributor
Liste
My Device: PlayBook, Dev Alpha C, Red Z10, Black Z10

Re: What happened after that?

Yes, my Playbook app was finally reviewed.  I don't know if they have two different teams working on Playbook and BB10, or two different teams working on new vs updated apps.  Whatever the case, apps are not reviewed on a first-come-first serve basis.

Also, it can take a while for apps to get through.  My average time so far has been around 2 weeks from the time of submitting to the time I can have it in the Blackberry World, assuming it wasn't rejected.  Obviously, rejected apps have to be re-submitted and then go through another 2-week review process.