Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App submission rejected because they don't know how to use it!

I have created an app that is a client to server software that the user must have installed on their local network. If you don't have the software, the app gives you a message saying that it can't connect to your server, please check that your server settings are correct. While reviewing my app, they just deny it and say that it has the above error. This is very frustrating because the type of user that would download this app would completely understand the message but the people testing the app obviously don't. I even went to the trouble of setting up a server for them to use that is accessible over the internet and included all the information in the comments and they still rejected the app again for the same reason. The app works perfectly fine as I have been using it on a Z10 for a month now without issues. This is extremely frustrating. What am I supposed to do when they don't even know what the app is for or how to use it properly???

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Mobistar

Re: App submission rejected because they don't know how to use it!

Rejection emails used to contain the following line:

If at any time you have questions regarding the above issue please don’t hesitate to contact us at BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com

I don't know if this is still in the newer emails, but you should try contacting BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com I have found in the past that the BlackBerry staff is more than willing to go outside of the standard protocol to help you and your app.

Please click the like button if my post helped you! Thank you.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I emailed them January 28th and still haven't got a response. So I am trying these forums.

Thanks for the suggestion though
Developer

They are probably busy with all the apps from the port-a-thons, so the only solution I see is waiting for them to respond, I'm sorry.
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: none

Same here. Z10 app client for media server denied twice because I did not provide IP address for the server. Well I send emails back that it's a media server on user's local network and there is no way for me to know the IP address. Users will have to input when app is launched. I had no responses at my emails, just like nobody's there. Frustrating that PlayBook version of the same app was approved and nobody asked me the absurd request to provide an IP address for the server. Maybe they want us to make just "fart sounds" and "useless blogs" apps, these are easy to test.

Developer

Sadly that kind of apps are exactly what's causing the backlog :smileysad:, they should have never accept app generator apps for the last port-a-thon IMHO
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: none

I have to say, my app has now been approved. Quite fast after I submitted again, thanks BlackBerry.

Developer

You're right, it all depends on the person who reviews your app, if you are lucky it is approved without any problems.