Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
hinehall
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

App subscription issue

Hi all!

I have deployed first release of our app on App World that been approved by RIM. App has a subscription pricing model. When app starts I am checking if the user has valid subscription (via Payment Engine API) and if subscription is invalid I am starting purchase procedure. While testing this functionality I get an error constantly that says Invalid parent application. Searching Google I found out that this error appears when app's SKU is the same as digital good SKU subscription of which I am checking. In my case I don't wanna sell digital goods but app itself. That's why SKU I am checking is the same with app's SKU obviously.

Here I am a bit confused... Is it possible to sell apps (not in-app goods) with subscription pricing model? If so how to check subscriptions from app's code?

Help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrey

Please use plain text.
zetaqq
My Device: bold
My Carrier: verizon

Re: App subscription issue

I am having the same issue.........
Can someone from BB explain how is the App Subscription model supposed to work?

Do we only need to call checkExisting(App.SKU) to check if it's subscribed or not?
When the subscription is canceled and later expired via AppWorld, when the user launch the App Again, is AppWorld who will initiate the Purchase Subscription dialog or is the application who must call purchase? In that case, i want to use the same SKU .. ( no digital goods )

Regards
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xdeveloper
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: PLAY

Re: App subscription issue

Hi all,

I have also the same issue.

How can I check if someone has purchased my app (there are no in-app goods in my app) via BB App World? I noticed a few days ago that somebody has made available my app on some warez sites.

Please use plain text.