Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

App. update approval time (about month). Disappointed!

There is a strange situation - my app approved, yes. But i waiting from 22th January to approve new version of app.

My users pressinng me - WHERE THE NEW VERSION?!

I've submit 3 (three!!!) new versions of software, but no luck. Submit two tickets to support - no luck. WTH?!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: App. update approval time (about month). Disappointed!

There's a very large backlog from the portathon submissions, of which there were 34,000 apps submitted in the space of just over a week. We're all in the same boat, and nobody knows of anything one can do except wait... or continue voicing your concerns and maybe we'll at least see a progress update some time soon through a dev blog post or a tweet from @BlackBerryDev (hint hint).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Unless I missed an announcement, the deadline for all the portathon apps to be "up for sale", and therefore eligible for payment, is Feb 18 (next Monday).  The window of time for anyone to fix any apps that get rejected is rapidly shrinking to zero.  It's great that RIM BlackBerry has been so promotional, but it seems like lately there have been some developer communication balls getting dropped. Employees should have had time to rest up from the launch event crunch by now.  Seems like they are going to need to kick that Feb 18 deadline out one more time if they don't want to look disingenuous w/the portathons.

Developer

Some of us saw a boatload of apps approved yesterday, all with timestamps on the ticket update that were very close together, as though they'd been approved in a batch.

A simple portathon one of mine (Flying Thumbs) was submitted only a few hours before the Jan 21 midnight end of the portathon, and it was in the batch that got approved.

Seems like they may be almost through the portathon backlog! (?)

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

I have two portathon apps that were submitted Jan 11 that have not even been looked at.

Developer

Take this for what it's worth (i.e. not much, without an official announcement), but in a private email

to developer support I asked about how is it even possible to make the Feb 18 "up for sale" deadline

when app approvals have yet to happen, and they replied that the deadline would be extended again.

Until we see an official announcement of this though, this tidbit isn't worth much.

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Almost 2 weeks now for a couple of regular updates.

Meta data changes are also taking longer than usual.

Developer

I've been getting metadata changes approved in under a day lately, or at least definitely less than two days. This includes description changes, and screenshots.

Developer

Well so here we are on deadline day and the only new post on the dev blog is about Count.ly analytics.

BlackBerry, you could do better than this in the communication department, if you chose to.

Developer

peter9477 wrote:
I've been getting metadata changes approved in under a day lately, or at least definitely less than two days. This includes description changes, and screenshots.

Yeah, but you're elite.  :smileywink: