Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
kcid
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

App updates are approved but can't be found in BlackBerry World

Hi,

in April 2013 I have released an app for Z10 (App ID: 26899873).

When the Q10 became available  I have released an updated version which supports Z10 and Q10.

Last week the first update was approved but never appeared in the BlackBerry World for Z10. Instead (at least some) Z10 users were prompted that an update is available but it showed and downloaded the initial release (v 1.0.1) and failed in updating the installed app.

It is also strange that when you access the BB World app site on the desktop it will show you the right version.

I have uploaded another update because I thought that this would maybe fix this hiccup in BBWorld but it did not.

From the download report I can see that the 1.1 release is available to Q10 users but not to Z10 users although I have published the releases for Z10 and Q10 (all versions).

Summary of the releases:

1.0: Z10

1.1: Z10 (all devices) and Q10 (all devices)

1.2: Z10 (all devices) and Q10 (all devices)

Release 1.2 (Approved)  

File Bundle NamePlatformMin OSFilesDevices

1.2 releaseQNX10.0.014

Release 1.1 (Approved)  

Flow Dialer v1.1QNX10.0.014

Release 1.0 (Approved)  

Initial releaseQNX10.0.013

I have contacted Vendor Support - no reply.

I tired @BlackBerryDev - no reply.

I really don't know what to do now. This issues really annoys me.

Am I missing something? Do I need to remove old releases from the Vendor Portal and how can this be done?

Cheers,

Frank

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kcid

Re: App updates are approved but can't be found in BlackBerry World

I am clueless, nobody who can tell me if I have done something wrong or could point me to something that could help me, no ideas?

I start getting bad user feedback because of this issue and I don't know how to fix it.

"It was a decent app until thus week, when it started trying to update continuously. Don't have a way to contact the dev, so I deleted it."

"It won't update, it's downloaded but don't want to install. Plz fix...otherwise its good app that's why this problem is troubling me"

etc.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kcid

[ Edited ]

I changed the initial release in the BB World (that is always downloaded as update for Z10 users).

It is now only for Qualcomm VZW GPU.

Release 1.0 (Approved)  

Initial releaseQNX10.0.011

Lets see if this solves the problems for people who have a Z10 with the other GPUs.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kcid

[ Edited ]

O.K. I think I have identified the problem.

"In the Version Number field, type the version number of the release. Note: Make sure that the version number you enter here is exactly the same as the version number on the .bar manifest file of your release. For example, if your .bar file contains a version number 1.0.1, and you enter 1.1 in the Version Number field, you may receive errors or an upgrade notification."

I will let you know if this is was the problem.

Please use plain text.