Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
maribou
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

AppWorld developer support

I cannot get in touch with the AppWorld developer support people since the storefrontmanager mailbox was replaced with the Vendor Support site.  I've sent two e-mails to appworldvendorsupport@blackberry.com and received two auto-replies.  Previously, the response from the support team at storefrontmanager was quick and very helpful.

Being paranoid by nature, I've come up with the following explanations:

(1) My request is so stupid, that the only possible reply to it is: "You, sir, are a moron".  The AppWorld team, being polite people, just couldn't send it to me.

(2) The AppWorld proved to be a financial failure, and the support team was reassigned to other projects.

(3) In my usual way of not following the instructions, I am sending my question to a wrong place.

(4) Evil mail bots are playing with me.

Personally, I blame it on the evel mail bots.

Developer
jonberry
My Device: Not Specified

Re: AppWorld developer support

Personally, I like number one.  :smileytongue:

I think we all miss Ryan...

BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Hi maribou,

You should still receive responses in a timely fashion with the new Vendor Support process. We simply changed the process to better accommodate the growing Vendor Community.  It wouldn't have been manageable much longer with the old process. 

This new process allows us to handle a larger amount of inquiries, as well as provide a case number with each support request.  This will make tracking each request much easier and make sure we see each and every issue through until closure.

The core App World Team still exists as it did before for support issues that require further investigation/attention, but we now have a larger team handling some of the more straightforward questions and concerns that Vendors may have.

As well, I encourage all Vendors to post any questions they may have here on the forums.  Not only can the answer come from myself or someone else on the App World Team, but Vendors who may have experienced similar problems will be able to comment and assist.

Thanks again,

Developer
maribou
My Device: Torch 9810

Ryan,

Thank you for answering here.  I've sent you a private message with the support request numbers and the text of my last e-mail to appworldvendorsupport.  I don't know how else to get in touch.

Thank you for your help.

Developer
emac
My Device: 9500/9520/9800/9810

[ Edited ]

rhearty wrote:

You should still receive responses in a timely fashion with the new Vendor Support process. We simply changed the process to better accommodate the growing Vendor Community.  It wouldn't have been manageable much longer with the old process. 

Thanks again,

A very big relieve to see you here Ryan! - I tried to get further help for my AppWorld problem (minimum Version does not get stored when you do not specify an update price)... since there was no response yet I had already the fear, that somthinbg serious happend to you... Yesderday I tried to contact appworldvendorsupport@blackberry.com and send them my story... 

The response was quite irritatin and make me feel of beeing caught in an endless loop:

RQST00007769851

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Research In Motion (RIM) has created a specialized mailbox for BlackBerry App World storefront vendor inquiries. Please submit vendor inquiries directly to storefrontmanager@rim.com.

I hope that you will find the time to get in contact with me soon (in order to get my update of FileScout v1.3 finally released in AppWorld)

Thanks for your Time

Matthias

Message Edited by emac on 09-23-2009 07:34 AM
Message Edited by emac on 09-23-2009 07:35 AM
[FileScout] | [iMazing] | [GPSLogger II] | [Iconify] | [TOMPlayer]
Developer
EpicDraws

I have had a similar story where ever since the switch, I haven't heard anything from App World and my experience has been absolutely awful. I sent in a request on the new site, and got an auto response. After about a week of hearing nothing, I got another email saying the issue was being closed and they were glad it was resolved? The issue was never resolved since I never heard back.

This is becoming very frustrating trying to base your business around a company who won't respond to your emails... 

Developer
RLord321
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Sounds like this is getting how Handango is now--they respond months later.  I'm almost done my new app and I'm a little afraid to Post it.
Developer
EpicDraws

I stopped distribution with Handango a while ago for this reason. It just isn't right to pay a significant percentage of earnings to someone who won't even answer emails. I really hope this does get better or developers will be flocking elsewhere.
Developer
jonberry

I finally got an email response from appworld vendor support.

It only took 3 weeks. :smileysad:

New Developer
george71

Why dont you RIM offer a direct link to the form in how to contact store front manager since email is not accepted yet?

Shout you a beer if you can find the contact form from this link http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/appworld/ 

thats sent in autoreply when emailing storefrontmanager@rim.com, in 2 minutes.

Lost, do I need to PM RIM team from forums?  I dont get it.

My more handset model apps are still pending review for a while now even though a month ago same app was accepted in 2 days.  I need to to ping RIM of status or a reminder.  What is the correct contact form?