Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

PAGAN_GP
My Device: Torch 9800

Application Help needed

Hi,

This is probably not the right forum to post this, but I am sure the moderators will point me into the right direction.

As you may or may not be aware, Rhino Poaching in South Africa is a huge issue, as we are on the brink of losing the species for good.

This year alone, more than 200 rhinos have been killed for their horns, which are believed in some cultures to have aphrodisic properties.

In South Africa, our government is still providing legal hunting licenses for the hunting of Rhinos. This is being exploited by poachers to obtain the horns, which in weight, are worth more than gold.

My idea is to, with the help of BBM, get a petition going, which will allow BBM users world wide to "sign" a petition against the issuing of these permits, which, with enough signatories, would implore our government to at least review the issue at hand.

So I am thinking, there either needs to be latched on the the BBM application somehow, or, I need to have a BB app developed, that will allow users to download the app, and with BBM Connection, sign in and "sign" such a petition.

Any suggestions? Pointers in the right direction?

Thanks

Freddie Botha

"Windows : The colorful clown suit for DOS"
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Application Help needed

Maybe this app will help you to achieve your goal

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/58849?lang=en

Generally speaking you can develop your own app with BBM integration using Java or WebWorks.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry