Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
Vemilyus
My Device: 1st Gen BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB (Gift from RIM :D)
My Carrier: WiFi
Accepted Solution

Application licensing problem

Hello,

I have an application in AppWorld, currently just a draft, and I previously planned to use the Try & Buy License model.

Now I want to change that to Purchase but AppWorld won't let me. Everytime I change the license model and save my changes, I open the editing page again, and what do I see there? The license model is still Try & Buy. Everything else I changed remains changed, just not the license model.

What is wrong with AppWorld?

This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Application licensing problem

As you can read in the "New Vendor Portal Changes introduced in 3.1.4" text which you'll see on the main page after you log into the vendor portal, you can no longer modify the license type of apps.

You can read the other details for yourself there.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Vemilyus

It says I cannot change the licence type AFTER I added a release.
What I have now is but a draft without releases, goods or anything.
This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Ah, I see. Well, that makes it either a documentation bug, or a bug in their implementation of these changes.

Either way, if you have no releases to worry about, you can always just create a new product and see if you can see the license type to what you want this time. You can change the name on the old one, or otherwise edit it to ensure it won't interfere with the new one (though as far as I know, the only issue would be that you can't have two posted products with the same name, and that won't be an issue for you here).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Vemilyus

Thanks!
Already did that... The name can be identical, just the SKU must be different (has to be unique). Just added "(Deprecated)" to my old draft so I can distinguish it from the new draft.
Please use plain text.