Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
nathanpc
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook 64GB, Dev Alpha
Accepted Solution

Applications Show in the Device App World but not in the Site

At 1am last Friday I received an email saying that my app was approved and posted for sale, I've checked the Vendor Portal and everything was correct there. When I searched for my app in the App World on my PlayBook and my DevAlpha the app was found without any problems, but when I tried search in the App World web site so I could get a link to share I couldn't find the app and it isn't listed in my App World profile. Anyone ever experienced this? Is there a fix? 3 days passed and I still haven't shared the app because of this issue.

Also I was reading this forum today and I saw some vague posts about BB10 apps not showing, is this the issue? My app is for PlayBook and BB10.

If I helped you please click the "Like" button to support my work.
My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked - Requests
Social Me: about.me - Twitter
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Applications Show in the Device App World but not in the Site

I can't answer about why it's not showing up, but you don't need to find it there to get a link to it.

Go into the vendor portal and click on Manage Products. Click on the app entry itself, to get to the "Edit Product" page with the first tab "Product Info".  The first thing listed is an ID, like for my Battery Guru app: "ID 51274"

Just take the URL to any app and replace the id with the number for yours and you're good.  For my example, Battery Guru is found at https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/51274 .

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
nathanpc

Thanks very much for the help! Now I got a link to my app: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19964625/ :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
vbovio
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I'm seeing this problem happening to me too, my apps show fine in App World on the device, but I can't find them on App World web.. direct URLs work, but they are not listed on the categories within web store.. also when I click on my vendor name it shows nothing, it used to show a page with all my apps.. to see it just click on my vendor name on this app

BovioSoft Games
Developer
nathanpc

Exactly what's happening to me. I've contacted the Vendor Portal guys on Friday and I still haven't got any response from them.