Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Approval times + +

The "quality certificate" program that will be rolled out at some point (hopefully before BB10 is released) will allow those developers to get approved right away (no waiting period). That will be nice. At lease that is what was said during JAM10.
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Seems something like what Verizon used to do, they'd approve the concept first, then you could submit your release. Except that they took longer to approve just the concept than it takes to get the whole app approved at App World.
Developer

Submitted an update and complete meta data changes yesterday and all of them were approved together in 1 day, so it seems maybe they are now looking for corresponding meta changes when they approve a release.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9900 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Releases and content updates generally take a day to approve, and some times occur separately from the actual app/product approval.

Currently, for Desktop Bridge, I have 2 releases approved. However, the app itself is still pending review after over a week. They've been very forthcoming with communicating with me over twitter, but I'm still in the dark about the approval status. Hopefully that'll be cleared up soon.

Anyway, I share your frustration, just be patient, it'll all be over soon!

Founder of Pulsecode Inc. and taab
Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
New Contributor
My Device: Several
My Carrier: Telus

I have been waiting for since March for 2 playbook apps to be approved. Is there an email contact I can use to ask why? Ticket Id: 454504 Status: Waiting on Test House Product: Rifle Ballistics by GunSim Free Created Date: Mar 10, 2012 08:54:46 Modified Date: Mar 12, 2012 11:21:39 Ticket Id: 454489 Status: Waiting on Test House Product: Rifle Ballistics by GunSim Created Date: Mar 10, 2012 08:25:31 Modified Date: Mar 12, 2012 11:21:38
Developer

Maybe they're still building the firing range in the test house to validate your simulation.

Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have 6 new apps waiting for approval for the past three weeks now. The dashboard indicates the open csr's and status pending since the very first day the apps were uploaded. No response and freezed status is kind of a frustration for developers. RIM needs to enhance their approval system so more can join their program. 

silver20 wrote:

Thank you App World Team for the recent faster approval of updated, new apps, and meta data.

It does make a difference and encourage devs to publish more.  Because of these faster times I'm making significantly more money off some new releases weeks earlier than expected.

I've complained plenty in the past but when it's good I compliment.  Thank you.