Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Rhino1272
My Device: Curve 2 8530 and PlayBook (soon)
My Carrier: Verizon

Approved Relese not showing in App World

So I am on version 1.2.2 of my application.  Version 1.2.2 was approved last night and posted for sale.  This morning, I try to navigate to the proper category Sports & Recreation --> Outdoor Recreation and it is not there.  I tried both from a PlayBook and from a web broswer.  However, I can perform a search  and I find the product but the version that is downloaded on my PlayBook (first time downloading this app) is version 1.1 which had big issues and was of an old design. 

Anyone have any clues?

My Blog: DevGuy.org
My Apps: Dive Planner
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mariagracia32
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Re: Approved Relese not showing in App World

give the version approved last night at lest 24 hours to show up when you search for it by navigating through appworld, and if it's already approved users who already bought it will get and "update" notification, and new customers should be able to get it :smileywink:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrew99
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I had an app approved and posted for sale last wednesday. It appeared for a while on the 'new' roll in the playbook appworld, but not in its proper category. Once it got bumped off the 'new' list, it could still not be found in its proper category but can be found either by searching for it by name or searching for words that appear in the description.

I happened to notice another app that I assume is in the same category as mine, that was released a few days earlier and I can find through a search, but does not appear in its category. In fact, since I started checking on wednesday, there have been no apps added to the category I have been monitoring. I think this must just be either a bug or some kind of propagation delay, and assume it will resolve itselft shortly.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Rhino1272

UPDATE:  It finally showed up correctly.  First, browsing via a web browser showed up correctly and then via the PlayBook about a day later.  The entire process took about 2 days.  However, an update to the description took a couple of hours.  Finally, still waiting on a ticket to change the image (3 days and running).  :-)  Really no rhyme or reason.

1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Tjitte
My Device: Dev Alpha C and PlayBook

I have the same issue. My app is in App World. I find my app when I search for it but my app is not listed in its category. I published my app on 9 May.

My PlayBook app:
DrawBook
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rhino1272

@Tjitte - What is the name of your app and what category/sub did you put it under?

Did you double check your category and sub category in the vendor portal?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Tjitte

My application is called "DrawBook" (link to App World)

The catagory is Entertainment -> Personalize

My PlayBook app:
DrawBook
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rhino1272

@Tjitte - I just hopped on my PlayBook, navigated to Entertainment --> Personalize and found "Drawbook" version 1.2 for $0.99 by Tjitte de Jong.   Looks like it is working!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Tjitte

Thank you for searching. It's a big relief. It's strange that it doesn't show up om my PlayBook. I already cleared the cache several times.

My PlayBook app:
DrawBook
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rhino1272

That is a little strange.  Hmm.  How did you clear your cache?  I ended up finally doing a security wipe on my PlayBook and setting it up again.  Not sure if that is what did the trick for me or not though.

Anways,  glad it is working!

Please use plain text.