Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Apps/Games/Themes without Rating not showing

With the new BB app world app, no Apps, Games or Themes that do not have a review/rating (stars) are not showing up when browsing a category.  It doesnt matter which search criteria you use they dont show (newest, price, app name etc.)  How are we supposed to get a rating, let alone sell anything if people only see apps that already have a rating?  The only way I can see my themes that do not have a rating is by directly searching for them.  This upgrade has completely removed the ability to sell anything newly posted.

New Developer

Re: Apps/Games/Themes without Rating not showing

Would be great to know if RIM is looking into this and fixing it.  As it stands now there is no point in developping anything new for blackberry (Apps, games, themes) since nothing will be viewable on appwaorld 3.0 without a rating.  We are already feeling the effects.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

Create a ticket via the vendor support form, it will attract RIM attention faster.

As a workaround you could just write a single review with rating for all of yours new apps/games/themes. Actually I'm surprised that you haven't done this already, it is a common approach the first review to be the vendor's review :smileywink:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer

Ive already submitted a ticket in the issue tracker but honestly, from past experience the issue tracker seems useless. Tixket remain open and in triage for years. As far as the review, yea i could, but we shouldnt have to. RIM is basically our partner in this, if we dont make money, they dont. They need to get this fixed....its like weve been laid off.
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

I mean the vendor support form
https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

Agreed that JIRA is kind of useless issue tracker

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer

Thanks, I will try that!