Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
reelportal
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Apps denied due to lack of test hardware?

I have two apps that work together.  Here is the description:

hxFOV is a live video monitoring and surveillance system.  It consists of 2 apps: the Agent app and the Control app.

This Agent app turns your mobile device into a remote listening and viewing device. When active, it blacks out the screen, while secretly streaming video and audio to a remote device running the hxFOV Control app, which has full control of the Agent app.

To use, install the Agent app on one device, and Control app on another device.  Make sure both apps use the same Group ID, Group Password, and Server.  They would automatically connect, allowing the Control device to control the Agent device.

Your device can be remotely controlled (by the Control app):
- toggle front/back camera
- change resolution, frame rate, quality
- change microphone gain level
- switch between streaming modes

My denial email states:

The application's full functionality could not be tested as the application requires a remote device and server access in order to work.  Steps to Reproduce:  1. Launch the application. 2. Try to enter information for the agent device. 3. Notice the user cannot proceed further in the application without these credentials.

I do provide the servers (they use my existing ReelPortal servers), which the apps load during start up.  But it seems the tester doesn't have a second device to do the test with.

What should I do now?

TIA.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Apps denied due to lack of test hardware?

I have a similar problem, I have mailed contacted the tester (by replying on the denial mail), but haven't had any answer yet.

Would be nice to be able to contact the tester on a more direct manner. Now I have to send a mail and probably wait a week before I get a reply.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
bvanengelen
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Bell

The developer has been contacted offline to resolve the issue.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
reelportal
My Device: Not Specified

Woohoo...got approved! Thanks bvanengelen.

ndsmyter, hope you get approved soon. Thanks for the tip.
Please use plain text.
kimknapp
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi bvanengelen,

Sorry to jump on someone elses thread, but I am having the same problem.

Our app is a "control" app. It controls our systems, but can be tested with trial software running on almost any modern PC.

I have also sent two emails to the email address supplied in the denial and never heard back.

I finally resubmitted the app and asked them to test with the trial software on a test PC, but I am worried that they may not understand.

Can you help??

Kim

Please use plain text.