Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Are we allowed to have more than one vendor account?

I am just wondering if it's okay with RIM if we have two developer accounts?

The primary reason I am asking is if we (or I, in this case) want to focus on different types of apps, and it may be better to have one vendor acct. handle games, while the other handles utilities/freebies, etc -- that sort of thing.

That... and the fact my my current acct. is clogged up with portathon stuff, including a lot of denied apps, and since we can't delete or move stuff to a folder, it's really, really messy. I'm not quite sure what the reasoning is for not being able to delete old apps (especially denied apps), or at least moving them to a folder we won't have to look at again ... but it'd certainly be on my wish list for any vendor upgrades they plan.

Anyway, is it okay if we have more than one acct?

And can we change the vendor name for our current acct, or no? I know under the portal settings there is a section where we can change the vendor name (shown to customers) as well as support email, but I don't want to touch that until I know I won't break code signing or anything like that.