Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Developer

Are you happy with sales?

I've had apps in the top 10 free downloads and in the top 10 paid charts. I have to say....while it's all very excting...it seems the active market of downloaders. buyers, etc, is fairly small. Similar rankings on "other" app stores might get you 100's or 1000's of sales per day, but in the appworld store I'm only experiecing 20-50 per day. Anyone else care to chime in?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Are you happy with sales?

First in village or second in Rome? Smiley Happy

Yes, the market is small, but keep in mind that competition is not that tough too. So yes, I'm happy with sales so far.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

There is a big different between Smartphone vs Tablets.  Are your apps PB apps?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Developer

Sorry, talkin bout Playbook Apps. Smiley Wink

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Maybe you need to reset your expectations. There are tens of millions of smartphones on any platform, but only thousands of PlayBooks sold. What you are doing right now is an app store land grab: you are establishing yourself in a very early stage market before it matures. I think you're doing great given the tiny installed base.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

cwong15 wrote:

Maybe you need to reset your expectations. There are tens of millions of smartphones on any platform, but only thousands of PlayBooks sold. What you are doing right now is an app store land grab: you are establishing yourself in a very early stage market before it matures. I think you're doing great given the tiny installed base.

hey, I left you a PM did you ever get it?