Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...

Average app world approval /rejection time

Hi all,

I'm gearing up to have my app submitted for the SuperApp challenge; and to do that I need to have it in App World first.

I would like to ensure that it's got enough time to get approved for App World, though I'm still cleaning up some last minute bugs/issues.  I see a lot of horror stories about 3 month wait times in the thread near the top of this page, but I would like to get a feel for the average wait time for a new app. I have heard about 10 days; is that correct? 

Please reply with your own experiences. I'm really looking to get an idea of the average time and not the ridiculously long times we hear about (which I am sincerely hoping are the exception and not the rule.) 

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.
Developer
sreid55
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Average app world approval /rejection time

My last one was 9 business days.  that was about 2 weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
JordanMc
My Device: Top Secret BlackBerry 10 device

Hi Marc,

New applications can take up to 14 days (10 business days) to get approved.

Thanks,

Jordan

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sliebel
My Device: Curve 8530

My organization now has three apps in the App World.  With one exception the response time has been good.  RIM claims 10 business days and from our experience they have generally met that commitment.  Our most recent update was approved in less then 24 hrs.  A few months ago this wasn't the case and we waited over a month for an update to be approved.  I would recommend you give yourself at least 2 weeks for approval, then commence prayers to whatever deity you worship. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
yalnte
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

Mine took a month exactly to be approved and I suspect that was more through luck than the system. When I spoke to a BB rep I asked if apps get triaged and he nodded his head. It would be good if they could give more of an estimate. Difficult to plan otherwise.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: http://partialpivot.blogspot.co.uk/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deadlyfingers
My Device: PlayBook

There is a serious problem with BlackBerry's App World review process. I submitted an App for another company and its been in review for over 1 year, so we ended up pulling the BlackBerry version. This year I also ported one of my Android Apps and it's been waiting for review for well over 1 month now. To put this in context Amazon only took 3 days to review the Android App and to go on sale. It's impossible to 'bump' the review process, and I've tried leaving a feedback message through the vendor portal raising the issue but I haven't even received an automated response. Dispite BB wonderful frontend and all the great efforts they are making with BB10, it will all be in vain unless developers can get their Apps through the review process. Hopefully someone at BB will take this issue seriously and get it resolved.

Please use plain text.
Developer
yalnte
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

My application update was approved mid last week. But I only found out by logging into the vendor area and checking manually. Not sure why the automated emails aren't working, but glad the update was approved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: http://partialpivot.blogspot.co.uk/
Please use plain text.
Developer
PawelGorny
My Device: PP

Yes, there is something strange with approval process. I hava a new application was approved after few days, while I still have one in the review process since Jan 9th! Some new releases are approved after 2-4 days, while for others I wait more than 2 weeks now.

--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition

PawelGorny wrote:

Yes, there is something strange with approval process. I hava a new application was approved after few days, while I still have one in the review process since Jan 9th! Some new releases are approved after 2-4 days, while for others I wait more than 2 weeks now.

I have a similar situation: I've submitted one app on 17th and one on 21st of January. The one submitted on 21st was approved on 13n of February. The same day I submitted a new release of this app and it was approved today. However, the app submitted on 17th of January is still in the new status.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Ishan13
My Device: developer

just one question for blackberry regarding blackberry review process :

all is well ?????

Please use plain text.