Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10 Wednesday Broadcast

Good broadcast, good information, a little awkward at times, but glad that marketing is working more with BlackBerry (RIP RIM) to shine up their act. Way to go BB.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
joshdvx
My Device: BB10 Alpha A

jtegen wrote:
Good broadcast, good information, a little awkward at times, but glad that marketing is working more with BlackBerry (RIP RIM) to shine up their act. Way to go BB.

Ugh, I felt like I was watching an awkward infomercial.  Whoever wrote the script/copy should be relieved of their duties.  

Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Agree.

We loved the BB10 but the event was not upto the expectation. There were some good new announcement like Video Calling on BBM, screen share and Story telling, image editing apps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

BB CEO has done a great job with the company, but he is not a pitch man or a "Steve Jobs". Some people can lead and inspire. Some need a script to do that in front of an audience. We'll get use to him as time goes on. All I care about is the execution of a good marketing plan.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
joshdvx
My Device: BB10 Alpha A

jtegen wrote:
BB CEO has done a great job with the company, but he is not a pitch man or a "Steve Jobs". Some people can lead and inspire. Some need a script to do that in front of an audience. We'll get use to him as time goes on. All I care about is the execution of a good marketing plan.

No one they brought up on that stage was a ptich man.

I've learned so much more about the device on this page than they ever demonstrated yesterday

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-z10.html

But either way, I'd like mine in white please.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

I was there (in Toronto) and from what I could tell of the audience reception, and in my opinion, the only negative of note was the amount of time the US market will have to wait for their foot-dragging carriers to make the product available.

They skipped numerous items that could have been included -- DLNA, more of the system apps (BB Protect, Maps, etc) -- but there's only so much you can pack into an hour, and if you put in too much you'll just overload the audience (which everyone here should remember was NOT us developers... we can take an hour of dense technical stuff but the public certainly can't).

As jtegen said, it's mainly marketing at this point. Watch how the UK reception is in the next few days, and how the Canadian market picks it up next week. I have relatively few concerns left at this point.

To some extent, you have to realize that the main expectation yesterday for many was that they would completely face-plant. They clearly did not. I call it a big win for that reason... despite the stock market's reaction (which one should largely ignore, since it's just a bunch of people betting on horses really).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Surely BB should not make US wait for a long time... As it has launched in UK, people will start reviewing and posting about it and it will be difficult for people to keep waiting to buy a device.

Please use plain text.