Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
lindstrom
My Device: Z30

Re: BB10: app not starting, damaged app installation?

[ Edited ]

and since carriers only will allow OS updates for version of the devices they sell, some users who purchased their devices in other countries - will never ever get any updates and ares stuck with old 10.0.9.3xx

Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer

borceg wrote:
It's up to carriers when the latest update will be aproved. BB/RIM employees can't do anything about that.

I hope that you are not suggesting that we should accept the status quo. We are paying BBRY to distribute our apps and we have a right to complain if bugs prevent them form fulfilling their contractual obligations to us.  Let's hear more about BBRY's plans to negotiate exceptions to the approval process when emergency fixes to the app distribution process are ionvolved.

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

If the carriers are responsible, then BB should provide a good point of contact at each carrier to contact about this. Do the carriers even know this is a big problem and the OS needs to be pushed out.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Wow how did you get large red letters to appear in here?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

We are aware of the impact this is having on all of you and are doing our best to push this fix out as quickly as possible.  The first updates that have this fix will start to go live next week.  I don't have exact dates to share, these are set by the carriers who control announcing them.  

If there are particular carriers you are curious about, you can contact them directly.  Some are willing to share this information.  You won't need to mention this fix specifically to them.  The next update they plan to deploy would have this fix.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
MauriceRice

MSohm wrote:

We are aware of the impact this is having on all of you and are doing our best to push this fix out as quickly as possible.  The first updates that have this fix will start to go live next week.  I don't have exact dates to share, these are set by the carriers who control announcing them.  

If there are particular carriers you are curious about, you can contact them directly.  Some are willing to share this information.  You won't need to mention this fix specifically to them.  The next update they plan to deploy would have this fix.

With all due respect, your suggestion that I try to contact the carriers is a make-work project and is not going to help me answer my customers' questions. All of my bad reviews for my Z10 version are due to this bug. Are there any definite plans in place to improve the BlackBerry World experience and help me provide support when similat situations arise in the future? The following review illustrates the problem:

Title: Won't open

Created Date: Apr 8, 2013 1:06:15 AM
Release: 2.1.8.1

Review Body:
What do you do if the app won't open

Developer
jtegen

You would think that bugs like this (and the ones on the PlayBook as well) would require a quicker turn around. It is doing no body any good to have this wait so long. There has to be a mechanism to fast track critical fixes.
Developer
agaripian
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C

I got excited that at least one carrier was releasing a new OS with the fix. http://crackberry.com/att-os-10010822-10010116-blackberry-z10-now-available

Oh Wait its ONLY OS 10.0.10.822  And the fix for this issue is only on OS 10.0.10.852 or higher

Why can't blackberry educate the carriers how important it is to upgrade to 10.0.10.852 and higher??? Did any carriers push a higher version with the fix? This is a huge FAIL! They are lucky this hasn't hit the blogs. 

I opened the Jira Bug on Feb 21st the OP started this thread a few days earlier... and we still dont have the fix out in the public. I'm still getting emailed on a daily basis about the app not working and failing to start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Developer
jtegen

I am still getting emails with people with this issue. Who is in charge here? BB should be able to hurry up a carrier in getting a release out. Not having this release is hurting everyone. Please get off your collective bottoms and get this resolved!
Developer
MauriceRice

jtegen wrote:
I am still getting emails with people with this issue. Who is in charge here? BB should be able to hurry up a carrier in getting a release out. Not having this release is hurting everyone. Please get off your collective bottoms and get this resolved!

What you said.

Has anyone, anywhere, seen any evidence at all that a carier has made this alegeded update available to actual customers? I am on Telus in Canada and when I check, the result is always the same - I apparently have the latest software installed on my device. I suspect it is the same for the other carriers. Unacceptable!!!!