Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10: app not starting, damaged app installation?

I can say that our internal development teams have been working very hard on this one.  I'll see if I can share more details and update at the end of the day today.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

MSohm wrote:

I can say that our internal development teams have been working very hard on this one.  I'll see if I can share more details and update at the end of the day today.

I would like to reiterate my request for additional information for users who are tempted to write a bad review rather than contact the support email address. What is needed is a brief statement on the review form stating that developers cannot respond to reviews and if they really want help with installation issues, they should consider using an appropriate channel.

I have two recent reviews where the user in question later send me a message and expressed dismay that review are final and that the wriongs cannot be undone because editing is just not possible. This is bad for business!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

You can deny the reviews, but that risks giving users the impression that they are being shut up on top of being ripped off by "evil, greedy developers".

Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Heer is some further info regarding specific behaviour during the BBW installation process.. In the user's words:

"The only problem I experienced when installing this app, is the actual program itself seemed to jump on top of the application permissions dialogue before I had a chance to accept them. The program didn't seem to respond from then on and I couldn't think of a way of getting the permissions dialogue to the 'top' again. Once I had rebooted the phone, the application worked as expected even though I hadn't physically accepted the permissions."

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Is anyone who is seeing these issues with their customers have apps that they compiled with the latest NDK as seen in this image :

Snapshot.jpg

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Developer
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: T

I released a major update to my app last night and woke up with 5 emails from users complaining that the update broke the app. They are stating the app wont open anymore. I guess its better not to update the app at this point. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

It is not limited to the NDK. Non-NDK apps are doing it too. It has to do with the installation of the BAR file.
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

@agaripian: Have them reinstall the app.
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

MSohm wrote:

Thanks for the quick feedback.  We do know why the application is failing, but are still investigating to find the cause that gets it into that state.

Mark,  I may have missed it but can you explain why the app is failing to us.  Thanks.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Developer
My Device: Z10 & Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: T

@Jtegen -  I am telling them re-install. I also just included a feature that backs up the your Favorite Stock List and Portfolio List to the shared documents directory and re-stores it incase of a uninstall re-install. But this is unacceptable. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer of Stocks for Blackberry 10