Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: BB10 bug ruining life (and your app reputation)

[ Edited ]

Perhaps you'd like to point out the line you took as an attack as none was intended?

I believe I do understand the situation having been in discussions with BlackBerry about it.

And my contribution to resolve is to 'add an offical message from BlackBerry that users can see'.

I've had many PM messages from others agreeing with this stance, I'm sorry you don't agree but I respect your right to disagree, please do the same for me.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

BBSJdev wrote:

'add an offical message from BlackBerry that users can see'. 

Let's assume BB do this. The very next day half the tech blogs will have a big fat title saying "BlackBerry failure: users cannot buy apps". The last thing we need is more negative news. As jtegen said already, this bug affects few apps, it's random and hard to reproduce, so I don't see any need of such a "global" message. IMHO you have two options:
- if you care more about reputation than about your sales - remove your app from sale untill the bug is fixed (as many devs already did)

- if you care about the sales - deal with the angry customers and get used to click the Deny Review button

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

There sould be an announcement soon on this, thanks.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.