Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve
Accepted Solution

BUG IN APP WORLD???

I have BIG problem with APP WORLD!!! This is next problem...

I have long time ago, removed some application from store. And this application can be visible in app world!

But it is quite different!

When i logged to my vendor portal i see this:

What i see??? "Post for sale" This application has no right to be available in app world!

When i enter to app world on my real device and type name for this application i can purchase and download it!

I check my application report in vendor store and download to my comuter....and what i see???

Loook:

This application can be purchased from the app world! Even though I blocked it!

Now I get these emails from buyers:

Please refund my money then.
---
Chris xxxxx

Please process my refund then.

---
Chris xxxxx

Or I will dispute the charge with Blackberry App World & American Express.

---
Chris xxxxx

You are running a scam. I want a refund.

---
Chris xxxxx

I have to explain that it is the fault of the app world, not mine. Because this application I blocked myself a long time ago.

I think that for such a treatment would belong to me  BlackBerry playbook or 9900.

But that's nothing ... I blocked other applications, and they can be downloaded from the app world even though they are locked in the vendor portal.

Yesterday i contact with app world team but i dont have response...and the issue is urgent!

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: BUG IN APP WORLD???

How much time between removing it from sale to when the app was purchased? There typically is a delay of 1-2 days depending where they are in the world.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

I removed the application from at least a month ago.

I think that someone with BlackBerry tester can be activated or something like that.

The question is ... why is visible despite the status of "post for sale"!?

Another application or removed and still is visible and can be downloaded!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Hi kris0725pl,

When applications are removed from sale (put back into an Approved state) they are removed from visibility on the store.  They are still accessible by users who have previously purchased them, or who happen to have been provided a deeplink to the application. 

If a user has the direct link (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/<appID>) they will still be able to deeplink directly to your application and purchase it.  It is possible a user shared the application (ie. emailed the deeplink to another user) and this is how they are still able to find/download your application.

Performing a search of App World for any of your applications (or your Vendor account) will only show the Up for Sale applications.

If you wish, we can Deny the application to prevent further purchases - just let us know.

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

I demand the immediate removal of the application and the other that it is visible.

And it's not my fault that they can get it, despite the fact that it turned off. It is the fault of your system!

And please now give money from me that asks the people who have downloaded this application.

If I withdraw the application from the store it is a dumb law no one download!

Who have not downloaded it.

rhearty

kirs0725pl,

The reason the system is designed this way is because if a customer pays for an application, they have the right to reinstall that product as they paid for it. 

Removing it from sale simply removes it from visibility to new users (I assure you the application is not visible on the store).

I will deny the application to prevent further users from deeplinking to it or it being shared.

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

This is fair or legal? When i remove from my vendor account application and user have deeplink to this application have all time acces to purchase???

When this user share on forum this link many people have allow to purchase this application???

even as I locked it in my account?

It is against the law.

When I remove applications from the store does not have the right one to download it already!

rhearty

Hi kris0725pl,

No, it is not against the law.   As I already mentioned, if you wish to have the application Denied we can be contacted numerous ways, all found within my signature.

I apologize you've mis-understood how the Portal works.

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

I send yesterday 3 meassage to app world....and now waiting.....but nothing response.

And yes...this is illegal. Because when i my vendor portal block application and i see status "post for sale" this application cant be downloaded  by anyone.

In particular, someone will give a link to the app in the app world.

New Contributor
hpurnama
My Device: No specified

Hi, I think there is a bug in playbook appworld (I did not try the others). all application status "remove from sale" can now be downloaded by new user (not reinstall).

very strange. please verify with your team especially appworld in playbook.