If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BUG IN APP WORLD???

hpurnama wrote:
Hi, I think there is a bug in playbook appworld (I did not try the others). all application status "remove from sale" can now be downloaded by new user (not reinstall).

very strange. please verify with your team especially appworld in playbook.

that doesnt make sense. The opposite make sense. Users can redownload apps that are pulled from app world (so if they purchase it, they can retrieve it). I have tried and as far as I know new users cannot download apps that are removed from sale. It may only be the case that App World isnt insteading updated due to caching that some users still can download the app a few hours after you change the status.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hpurnama
My Device: No specified
My Carrier: No specified

few hours ? App already in "remove from sale" status since two months ago.

What playbook OS version you try ?

My playbook OS 2.1.0.1032

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve
My Carrier: PLAY

[ Edited ]

Hi, my app is to removed one month ago and can be downloaded!

This is BUG IN APP WORLD!

If you share (or someone else) your deep download link to this application, new user can download this application.

SAD BUT TRUE.

It was only after the intervention of TEAM App World application can not be downloaded.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

There is an easy workaround. Edit your app (pencil like button), tab Distribution, Country Restrictions, Available Only In Selected Countries and select only one country (e.g. Albania or whatever you choose). This change will trigger a ticket, once the ticket is approved, your problem is solved.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hpurnama

@QuiteSimple

Not a perfect solution. Because "edit app to country restrictions" and create change ticket only applies to "remove from sales" status.

How to hide from appworld with "Draft" app status. Because "draft app status" also visible to appworld. "Draft status" not created change ticket if change country restrictions.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

I agree 100%. This is not a solution to the problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

I didn't offer a solution, I offered a workaround.

"App in draft status" don't create tickets, because the changes are applied immediately. Tickets are created only for changes for already approved apps.

Besides "app in draft status" are not visible in AppWorld, the only way to download such app is via sandbox account and it is used for testing purpose (it's not a bug)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hpurnama

I do not know what happened behind appworld, yesterday if search vendor name in appworld playbook (tested on two playbook and two different account no in sandbox account list), all application including "app in draft status" appears in the search results and "app in draft status" since one months ago, so i think this is not cache problem.

And now "app in draft status" was no longer appears in search results. And for "remove from sales" status, i use @QuiteSimple workaround.

I think this is still appworld bug because app in "remove from sales"  should not appears to search results. once again, this is not a cache problem

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

This is BIG HOLE!!!

I got today email from user. This user is from UK.

Look at this:

User's comments: Language

Application Name: xxxxxxxxxx

Application Version: 1.0

License key: null

BB Device Model: 9320

BB Apps Version: 7.1.0.398

BB Platform Version: 9.49.0.31

Display language: English

Input language: English

Current network: O2 - UK

Country code: GBR

SIM Home network: MNC=10;MCC=234

How comes I cannot get the language to change from Polish to English?

Please help!!!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2

This application have status "Post for sale"

Never does not share a link to this app!

Because the application was added to the manual status of the app world!

When the application is accepted, I have to manually add it yourself to the app world. But I did not.

The question is ... This where the end-user has access to it?

The only thing that comes to my head, is made available to anyone with the app world tester.

I asked this member a question: How do you download this app .... I'm waiting for an answer.

PS: @hpurnama

Of course, this is not problem with cache....THIS IS BIG BUG IN APP WORLD!!! THAT WORKINK APP WORLD.

SAD BUT TRUE.

What's the worst ... zero apology from the App World TEAM for all lost nerves and emails sent to me by the users!

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple

There is an IssueTracker. If you believe that you have found a bug in AppWorld, be so kind to create an issue about it.

Please use plain text.