Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
davebb
My Device: Bold 9700

Bango - included in App World Vendor Purchases report?

Hi there,

Just received my first payment from Bango.  Done some searching and I understand that they deal with purchases made through carrier billing as opposed to Digital River who deal with paypal/card payments.

My question is, are Bango transactions included in App World Vendor reporting?  It's just that the amount I receive from Digital River seems to more or less tie in with Vendor reporting, so I appear to be getting the Bango payments on top of this.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Dave

Please use plain text.
Developer
pfiffi78
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bango - included in App World Vendor Purchases report?

From what I can see so far, they aren't. So it was a nice surprise when I suddenly got my first Bango invoice with some additional money coming in :-)

Please use plain text.
New Developer
davebb

Thanks for the response, I assume you have enough income coming in to be able to guage?

Please use plain text.
Developer
cwong15

Having "extra" money coming in is nice, but this means we cannot rely on the online sales reports. As carrier billing becomes increasingly popular, the absence of those sales in the sales reports means the "real" sales numbers will diverge increasingly from what the App World reports can tell us. This developer reports that carrier billed sales account for 20% of total sales as of February: http://news.ebscer.com/2011/04/use-of-carrier-billing-continues-to-rise/
Please use plain text.
Developer
pfiffi78

Just go to the bango website and cheeck there

www.bango.com 

Go to forgot my password, provide the email that you have registered with AppWorld and off you go. That's where I keep checking my sales handles by Bango

Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

tried entering my email address and nothing.

do you have to register with bango first or do they already have info from appworld?

Please use plain text.
Developer
pfiffi78

Nope, I just recovered my password and could login. Was an random attempt and it worked. Was all setup. Didn't have create a profile or anything.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
davebb

Thanks for that, just got into account, very interesting. I take it then that bango sales are not at all linked to appworld but are sales via carriers own mobile sites?
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

pfiffi78 wrote:

Nope, I just recovered my password and could login. Was an random attempt and it worked. Was all setup. Didn't have create a profile or anything.

strange.  it said my email is not valid. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Try with your support email, for some strange reason it worked for me. Same is valid for Digital River - they create account based on your support email, not the one you register with BB App World. Of course if the emails are one and the same, it will work anyway

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.