Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Reply
New Member
elk019
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-03-2012
My Device: 9300

Bango invoice - question

Hello,

I have a question regarding Bango self billing invoice. I would like to undersatd how the total income that bango sends you is calculated for tax reasons.

I'll give an example for one carrier.

 

Gross sales:  13.83

    - this is clear, the overal sum that the customers paid

Content spend (net of refunds) in USD:   13.83

   - less refunds

Content spend (net of tax) in USD: 11.53

Tax deducted in USD: 2.30

   - if the carrier is from EU, the customers must pay VAT (20%), in US there is no VAT

Earnings in USD:   8.07

   - RIM and BAngo takes 30% and we have the rest 70% (from 11.53)

 

The earnings (last row) are sumed for all carries and we got e.g. this:

Total  (excluding taxes) :  $75.47

Applicable taxes at 20.00%:   $15.09

Total earnings claim:    $90.56

 

Bango sends you  the last sum 90$. But where did I get the extra 20%? I think it is not VAT (it is deducted only from EU customers, but not from the rest of the world). But what this is? Do Bango and RIM take actually less than 30%?

 

I would be very grateful if somebody could shed some light on this. I should probably add that I am EU based but not from UK.

 

Peter

 

Please use plain text.