Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
JernejHorva
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

BlackBerry App World Carousel

Hi,

we're planning on submitting an app on the App World and I was just wondering if anybody has experience or some more insight on how to get on the App World carousel? Do you get there by achieving more downloads or based on your location?

Thanks for all info.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: BlackBerry App World Carousel

The App World FAQ which you can find somewhere in the vendor portal has some information pertaining to this.

Unfortunately, it appears to be mostly out of date. This was actually confirmed to me personally by Alex Kinsella at DevCon, and he said he would look into getting it revised. I haven't checked since then, though he changed to a different department after that so I have no idea where that particular initiative might be.

The only thing I know for sure is that some people have successfully been featured after emailing the address mentioned in the FAQ. That hasn't worked for me, apparently because there are mysterious unwritten rules preventing an app like Battery Guru from being featured, but I know others for whom emailing (with the required assets included) got them featured. (This was for PlayBook apps.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
JernejHorva

Thanks for the info.

Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

after your apps is approved  just email appworld marketing with your app info as described in the FAQ or goto the Vendor portal in the support page you can send request for feature.

New Developer
JernejHorva

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development