Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: bb

BlackBerry App World for Vendor.

Hi,

I want a App World Vendor Account to upload our application in the BlackBerry App World. My questions are:

1. Can register we BlackBerry App World account for uploading applicaiton for Free of cost. With outp paying aby amount.( As for Apple and Android are converned we need to pay an amout in order to get an account and Upload an Applicaiton ) what abt blackBerry App world?

2. At the time of creation of App World account why we should have paypal account and provide those details.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

Re: BlackBerry App World for Vendor.

1) Yes, it is free. There is no scam in this sentence, there is no hidden cost - of course there is a profit fee, but it is obvious that it must be there.

2) To receive payments, to prove your identity. All payments are sent to paypal account.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

[ Edited ]

bb2010 wrote:

Hi,

2. At the time of creation of App World account why we should have paypal account and provide those details.

If you are going to upload free apps only, you don't need a PayPal account, nor accepting the Terms&conditions of DigitalRiver and Bango (those handle the payments)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Reliance

At the time of publishing paid apps or themes they are asking about "checkout with paypal" by clicking on that link then they are asking for "credit or debit card" details for payment. Can't understand this.
Developer
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

yes all your payment send to your paypal account
Contributor

Yes, all payment will be sent to paypal account, when I am uploading a paid theme they are asking for credit or debit card details? Why so if it is free?
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

In order to prove your identity...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

dharmesh88 wrote:
Yes, all payment will be sent to paypal account, when I am uploading a paid theme they are asking for credit or debit card details? Why so if it is free?

incase you are submitting an app that is not yours RIM can say it belongs to this guy (and provide the party suing with your information) if they dotn have your information they're liable.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

ignites wrote:
incase you are submitting an app that is not yours RIM can say it belongs to this guy (and provide the party suing with your information) if they dotn have your information they're liable.

This is not the case here. When you try to add a PayPal account, RIM tries to charge you $0.01 using paypal. Whatever paypal email you use to pay this amount, it is set as in the payments page.

If you do not have any balance in Paypal, it will ask you to pay using a credit/debit card. If you do not have a credit/debit card, ask someone else to send you some money to your paypal account and them make the payment.

Contributor

Yes adwiv is right. Thanks adwiv for the reply.