Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
daviesjm
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry App world & Marmalade-- unable to update application due to Package-Id mismatch

When attempting to submit an upgrade to my existing BlackBerry PlayBook application, my .bar file is being rejected due to a package-id mismatch.

I looked at the contents of the bar file and compared it to the original version I submitted. Indeed, the package-Id has changed.

What hasn't changed is the application id, signing certificate or author id. The original was submitted with Marmalade version 6.1, and this latest was built with Marmalade version 6.2.

Any idea on what is causing this mismatch? Is there any fix for this other than trashing my existing version and starting anew in BlackBerry App World? I really don't want to do that since my paid customers will no longer get updates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: BlackBerry App world & Marmalade-- unable to update application due to Package-Id mismatch

You can manually edit the config file and repackage the app.

I believe this is similar to your case:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/What-to-do-if-your-Package-I...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
daviesjm
My Device: Z10

Re: BlackBerry App world & Marmalade-- unable to update application due to Package-Id mismatch

I actually was finally able to get a it to resubmit. I ran the Marmalade configuration tool once more, then updated the Marmalade packages by running the .mkb file. After doing those two steps, my release build was accepted as being compatible with my prior release.

Thanks for the work around regarding manually updating the config file. I'll take advantage of that in the future if the need arises.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.