Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Developer

Blackberry 10.2 available for developers in US without simulator

Is there any way for developers without the simulator to get the 10.2 OS update?

Christian, Junior Developer, Mobiquity

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

Re: Blackberry 10.2 available for developers in US without simulator

Do you mean that you can't run the simulator for some reason and need to load a 10.2 release on your physical device? If so, search CrackBerry or Berry Review for a leaked OS update and sideload it onto your device as per instructions provided.

Be careful though, many leaked/unofficial versions are not complete or stable, and sometimes don't have radio support included so your smartphone will still be smart, but not a phone.

:smileywink:

cgriseMobiquity wrote:

Is there any way for developers without the simulator to get the 10.2 OS update?

Christian, Junior Developer, Mobiquity

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
New Contributor
My Device: Developer

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately that is not something we can do as it is corporate development, so that would be highly frowned upon, and We do not currently have a simulator set up on my Mac laptop. If that is the case, does that mean I would have to go the VM Ware simulator route?

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

I'm surprised that your company would frown on developing and testing against leaked OS builds since that is why they are leaked by BlackBerry. Anyway, yes, if you can, I would say you need to install the simulator.

cgriseMobiquity wrote:

Unfortunately that is not something we can do as it is corporate development, so that would be highly frowned upon, and We do not currently have a simulator set up on my Mac laptop. If that is the case, does that mean I would have to go the VM Ware simulator route?

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Are you needing to test on a full consumer facing carrier approved version of 10.2, or just against 10.2 API's?

If the latter, download and flash developer builds to your device from here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html

(if you already knew about this, nevermind, of course - but since you don't have many forum posts, I was just guessing you might not, not to be snarky, just to help out.)