Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

sidbee
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha Dev
My Carrier: RIM
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 10 Alpha Dev

Is it possible to use your microsim with the device for cellular network/calling?

Please use plain text.
Developer
positive6900
My Device: bb10 dev alpha
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Blackberry 10 Alpha Dev

hi 

you can use the micro sim of any cellular carrier only for using data on your phone,ie only accessing internet via your cellular provider.

currently it cannot be used to make calls,because the phone call making app is locked on the devalpha.]

later in future if it gets unlocked after getting a update,then you can use your microsim to make calls.

thanks

Please use plain text.
sidbee
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha Dev
My Carrier: RIM

I am not able to get cellular connectivity on my airtel microsim. What should I do? When I insert the sim, it doesn't show any change.

Please use plain text.
Developer
positive6900
My Device: bb10 dev alpha
My Carrier: airtel

hi

first you switch off your dev alpha,and then insert the microsim in the tray and then in phone.

make sure that your sim is cutted correctly and is fixed in tray correctly.

do not insert your tray the other way round ,as it could damage your phone sim connectors..

after that open your phone and go to sims setting in mobile network setting area and click on the icon on the bottom right of phone,enter your details thier and it ill work. it will show the sim with carriers name.

if still the problem persist ,there could be a problem with your network connectors of microsim,you could visit nearby store and take the help of shopkepper to get the sim working.

thankyou

tushar

www.optimisedtech.com

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nemomen
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Alpha

Initially I got the same issue, but if you insert the sim then restore your device, it will work. At lease it works for me.
Please use plain text.