Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
mobilestream
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: n/a

Blackberry World does not allow to mention the word "Android" in my app description

[ Edited ]

I'm the developer of "EasyTether Pro" app. This app tethers BlackBerry 10 smartphones to Android tablets.

However, BlackBerry World does not allow me to mention the word 'Android' in the app description. If I say "tablets" or "4.x tablets", it is misleading for some users.

Because of this strange policy I cannot mention compatibility in my app description. I get many angry users with angry one-star comments like this:

How about stating compatibility BEFORE enticing people to buy your nearly worthless app? This will only let you tether to android devices, no compatibility with windows, Linux, os x or ios

It's probably working. With Android Tablets only.

I cannot do anything about it. I cannot state compatibility because of stupid BlackBerry World policy.

I've created several tickets, but all these tickets asking BB editors to approve the description, have been denied because of the word "Android"

I've contacted Vendor support twice. The first time I got a reply, that it is their policy, and the competing platform cannot be mentioned. The second reply was that the problem should be fixed, however, the problem still remains.

It is very strange, because BlackBerry itself mentions on its websites the word "Android" quite often. Moreover, BlackBerry has recently announced a section for Android apps.

I home someone from BlackBerry World team is reading this forum and can help me actually solve the problem.

PS. While I was making this forum post, my latest ticket (id 1276700) to approve the word "Android", was again denied. Really?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry World does not allow to mention the word "Android" in my app description

Welcome to the forums.

This does seem off considering BlackBerry's Android app push of late.

Keep pushing them.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Re: Blackberry World does not allow to mention the word "Android" in my app description

Hello mobilestream,

Please confirm from your end that this is now resolved.  Looking at your Description on a device, the Web Store, and the back-end server is now has this compatability mention. 

One thing to mention, it looks like the 'Default' Description was not updated to include this information.  If a user loads up the Web Store and does not log into their BBID or make any Device Selections, they will see this Default Description.  If/when you add that compatability information to the Default Description, let me know and I can push the Ticket through. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Well I think you have to follow policy to get your app in BlackBerry app world. If you have source code with you then you must modify your app and repackaged with BlackBerry android adt tool.. that is best thing you must think of.. well all android developers who have ported their app have changed some text content which hardly take 1-2 hours... happy porting

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobilestream
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: n/a

[ Edited ]

Ryan, I confirm that the problem with BB10 description has now been solved, the latest ticket has been approved. Thanks.

Please use plain text.