Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
mysoredev
My Device: 8530
Accepted Solution

Can we download the application which is hosted in BlackBerry App World by giving the URL in the browser?

We are planning to release our application in Blackberry App World.
And we know that it can be downloaded by browsing from the App World.

But our query is that, whether we can directly download the application from The BlackBerry APP World by giving the URL? (Means if a customer selects the link, it should trigger the BlackBerry App World and downloads the application.)  We are

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can we download the application which is hosted in BlackBerry App World by giving the URL in the browser?

Yes, it is possible to do that. 

You can do this by finding your app under the BlackBerry AppWorld online catalog (available here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/).  Once you have found your app, click on the email button (on the right side) and then insert your email address.  This will then send a link to your email which you can then easily forward on to others as you see fit.  You can also use this method to send links to anyone.  Another suggestion is to take the QR code for your app and include that in your emails.  All users need to do is scan that code using the barcode scanner in AppWorld and it will automatically open up the app page in BlackBerry AppWorld.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.