Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Cannot Change BB Devices When Logging Into App World

I use App World to load apps onto my Curve 9300.  I would like to use App World to load apps onto my Playbook (I have trouble loading them directly onto the Playbook wirelessly), however, when I log into App World with my Playbook linked to my computer, I receive the following message:

"New Device Detected
[Pin: ********]
Would you like to switch the device associated to your BlackBerry App World account?
Clicking 'OK' will switch your active device to this Pin."

I select "OK" and receive the following prompt:

"Enter Device Password
[Pin: ********]
You have a device password enabled. Enter your BlackBerry device password to continue."

Entering your device password will switch your active device to this Pin.

My Playbook is unlocked when this message window opens.  I then enter the password which locks and unlocks my Playbook and receive the following message:

"You have not entered the correct Blackberry device password.  Try entering your password on your device.  You cannot access Blackberry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password."

As I mentioned, my Playbook is unlocked during the entire process.  I am therefore unable to load apps onto the Playbook.

Does anyone have advice to resolve this issue?

Thanks.