Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Free Mobile
Accepted Solution

Code Signing keys ordered 26 hours ago. 13 hours left.

Hello there :smileyhappy:

I ordered code signing keys 26 hours ago, so the 11/02/2012 at 9:12 AM (GMT+1). I sent an email yesterday 12 hours after my order to the codesigning support email ( CodeSigningOrders@blackberry.com ) but they didn't answered. So I asked for new code signing keys and this morning, still nothing for both the orders...

It wouldn't be a problem usually but here the Playbook offer ends in 13 hours.

Is there a way to send the app without signing it ? I assume not.

So does anybody know how to proceed now ? Does somebody at Blackberry can look into it ? I saw on the forums that a dev advisor at Blackberry enabled some app devs to have their ID process sped up...

Regards,

an Android dev a bit disappointed by Blackberry at the moment.

-----------------------------
See my PlayBook apps and my website.
Twitter : @Minishlink
New Developer
My Device: Torch 9860, 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Code Signing keys ordered 26 hours ago. 13 hours left.

Hi,

This has also happened to me - same thing in that I'm porting a couple of Android apps. Keys orderd 13 hours ago, order confirmation but no keys.

Is there a general problem?

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: D1

Also happened to me... damned... I mean i know there suddenly hundreds of people... But Hope dies last~

I only plead for Informations =) Thanks in Advance! Maybe there is an admin or someone similiar who can help?!

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

[ Edited ]

If you don't get your keys by the end of 13. Feb just submit your app unsigned. You will get rejected and will have to upload it once again (properly signed), but you will still qualify for the free PlayBook (as the submission counts, not the actual approval).

an Android dev a bit disappointed by Blackberry at the moment.

Next time just do your homework better :smileywink: I would start with ordering the signing keys (even before thinking what app to convert), since it is the only thing out of my control.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer

Sure, rhearty thought of this too, but how do you manually package a bar file without a signing key ?

Next time just do your homework better :smileywink: I would start with ordering the signing keys (even before thinking what app to convert), since it is the only thing out of my control.

Yeah that's right if you know how the Blackberry app world works, but unfortunately as a Blackberry newbie it's not the first idea that crossed my mind. :smileywink:

By the way, thank you for your answer. :smileyhappy:

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Minishlink wrote:

Sure, rhearty thought of this too, but how do you manually package a bar file without a signing key ?

BAR file is actually a simple archive, that you can open with WinRAR for example.

Its structure (folders):

- META-INF

- android

META-INF folder: - signing goes here, it contains 5 files (4 signing files plus a MANIFEST.MF)

android folder: (your apk and resources go here)

So just pack your apk file and resources in zip file, rename it to .bar and that's it - unsigned bar file.

Disclaimer: this approach is a dirty mess, use only in desperate situations.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer

[ Edited ]

That's what I got :smileysad:
"File bundle (app.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."

EDIT: Ok so intead of doing it the very dirty way. I just called apk2bar (located in the folder of the Blackberry SDK). It now works fine on the Vendor Portal. Thanks !

EDIT: Just received my keys which I ordered this morning at 10:00 AM GMT+1. The particular fact is that I didn't ordered them here but there (old interface ?). Thank you again.

Contributor
My Device: None (Yet)
My Carrier: Verizon WIreless USA

So let me get this straight: You can just make a folder, fill it with the META-INF folder (empty for me) and the android folder (Has my .apk in it). I compressed it to a .zip, and renamed the .zip to .bar. I should be able to submit, and be eligible for the PlayBook?

New Developer

No you won't because the Vendor portal won't be able to view the package ID since it's not in your .bar. Instead, use the tool apk2bar located in the playbook SDK folder or simply in Eclipse with the Bla kberry plugin installed, right click your project, go to Blackberry tools and click Sign bar (or something like this), it will package a .bar in the folder dist of your project. If it asks for a CSK password enter a password that you can remember. Note that I didn'nt use the second method but the one with the tool apk2bar. (Command-line)
Hope it will help you.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi all,

If your still having problems receiving your Code Signing Keys, this Self-Help site may help: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/CodeSigningHelp/

The key things to remember is that the process is automated, so allow at least 2 hours to receive your keys, check your Spam/Junk folders, make sure websigner@ws-smtp.rim.net is added to your whitelist, and you allow emails with csj/csi attachments.

Hope this helps.