Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Visitor
Priyanks27
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Communication in application

Hi ,

I am comparatively new to Blackberry development. I would like to know if there is an efficient mechanism for communication among applications. My requirement is to control a third party application from my application. Is there some mechanism with which I can have common GUIDs for both the applications and have them interact with each other.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Priyank Saxena

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Communication in application

Depending on what platform you are on and if you are trying to control your app externally, socket communication is the most basic and widely used method.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
christlin
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

1. You can use Socket Communication (See:http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Socket-communication-between-applications/td...)
  2. (or) You can use Runtime Store for data sharing Between application
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

If you use BB Java for development, you can use also GlobalEvents to share data between your apps (using the same GUID)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.